Today I read an article from The Home News Tribune. It's link is http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20091102/NEWS/911020345/1040/HEALTH.
It was about how two local hospitals are not allowing any individual under the age of 18 to visit patients because of Swine Flu. I think this is appalling because Swine Flu isn't really a problem for people between the ages of 23 and 65. It said that the worst cases where they have to turn away children is in the maternity sections when mothers have other children that would like to see their new sibling(s). The article also said that anyone who is admitted for treatment must wear a mask and be kept in an isolated room which means that they can't leave that room and doctors entering the room must wear surgical masks to prevent infection. Another thing I would like to state is that the seasonal Flu kills about as much people as does Swine Flu. I believe that Swine Flu isn't as much as a big deal as is the seasonal Flu.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment